Researchers who wish to apply to conduct school education research in more than one educational jurisdiction across Australia, should use the National Application Form. The National Application Form is available from the Australian Association for Education Research’s (AARE) website.
In order to use the National Application Form as part of the application process to conduct research in NSW public schools, principal researchers are asked to:
- Download and complete the National Application Form from the AARE website, following the guidelines provided.
- Register and complete a researcher profile for the NSW Department of Education using the State Education Research Applications Process (SERAP) at SERAP online.
- Select ‘Create SERAP’ and type in a title and password for the research project.
- Use the information in the National Application Form to complete a SERAP application. Please note, the National Application Form differs slightly to the NSW SERAP online process. Researchers are best placed to make decisions about information that communicates the nature of their research in their SERAP application.
- Attach the National Application Form as one of the documents uploaded to the SERAP application.
- Submit the SERAP application.
Once a SERAP application is submitted it will be assessed using the assessment process outlined in SERAP online. Researchers may be asked to respond to questions and comments about their application. SERAP online should be used to respond to any requests for modification, unless otherwise stated.
Most SERAP applications take between 6-8 weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of the research application and whether any modifications are requested by assessors.
If you have any queries, please contact us.