What are classroom energisers?
Classroom energisers are short bursts of physical activities in the classroom that cause students to 'huff and puff' for 5 to 10 minutes.
Classroom energisers can help to:
- break up sitting time
- transition from one lesson to another and refocus students
- get students active who may ordinarily shy away from physical activity
- support schools in providing students with 150 minutes of structured physical activity across the school week as outlined in the Sport and Physical Activity Policy
- integrate physical activity into other key learning areas.
Schools can use the resources on this page to implement classroom energisers into their daily school routine.
- 12 days of fitness (PDF 486KB)
- Active spelling (PDF 486KB)
- Imagine and skip (PDF 486KB)
- Move as if (PDF 486KB)
- Over, under, around and through (PDF 471KB)
- Race Around Australia alphabet workout (PDF 575KB)
- Sports, sports, sports (PDF 486KB)
- Chance your move (PDF 491KB)
- Dance and balance (PDF 486KB)
- Scissor, paper, rock! (PDF 506KB)
The 10@10 episodes have been designed to support schools in including classroom energisers in their daily teaching and learning. Each episode is 10 minutes in duration and students are led by School Sport Unit teachers in a high intensity workout based on an Australian sporting theme.
- Workout 1 - Swimming
- Workout 2 - Cricket
- Workout 3 - Snow sports
- Workout 4 - Running
- Workout 5 - Netball
- Workout 6 - Triathlon
- Workout 7 - Tennis
- Workout 8 - Football
- Workout 9 - Basketball
- Workout 10 - Rugby League
- Workout 11 - Rock Climbing
- Workout 12 - Gymnastics 1
- Workout 13 - Gymnastics 2
- Workout 14 - Hockey
- Workout 15 - Dancing 1
- Workout 16 - Dancing 2
- Workout 17 - Lacrosse
- Workout 18 - Australian Football
- Workout 19 - Softball
- Workout 20 - Beach Volleyball