Sydney East Schools Sports Association sporting values are defined as: respect, team work, excellence, fair play.
Team Member Financial Obligations:
Team members who are deemed to be unfinancial will be ineligible for selection until they have met their financial obligations.
Students must compete at the Sydney East championships in order to allow them to be considered for selection in the Sydney East team to compete at the state championships, unless they are:
i) competing at a higher level school sporting competition
In this case, a request for consideration for inclusion in the Sydney East team must be presented to the convener at least one week prior to the Sydney East championship. This is to be verified/endorsed by the student's Principal and Zone/District convener listing the student's Zone/District performance.
The student’s Zone/District performance will be scored against the competitors at the Sydney East championship. Inclusion in the Sydney East team under these circumstances is subject to meeting the relevant NSWPSSA/NSWCHSSA entry processes. Submitting a consideration for inclusion does not guarantee inclusion in the Sydney East team.
ii) the first three place getters will be considered for selection into the Sydney East representative team. In case of a tie for third place the convener shall determine selection for the third position by having a swim-off between the competitors concerned.
(1) All competitors must be members of Zone Teams
(2) Zones may enter three competitors in 50m Freestyle events.
(3) Each zone/district is entitled to enter a third swimmer in the 50m Formstroke, 100m Freestyle and 4x50m Relay events provided that all three have bettered the qualifying time. The qualifying times, based on the previous year’s Sydney East championship, will be distributed to Zone/District Conveners prior to the championship.
(4) The 200m Individual Medley will not be swum at the championship. Competitors are invited to submit times for these events on the application form provided to schools or you can download the 200m IM nomination form (PDF 43KB).
(5) A competitor whose significant birthday occurs during the current year is eligible for that age group only. No competitor shall enter in more than one age division except for all age events i.e. 100m F/S.
8 years born 2013, 9 years born 2012, 10 years born 2011, 11 years born 2010, 12 years born 2009, 13 years born 2008. Junior 8yrs/9yrs/10yrs, Senior llyrs/12yrs/13yrs.
Sydney East apparel will be available for online purchase prior to the championships.
Students with disabilities:
The NSWPSSA encourages students with intellectual, physical and sensory disabilities to participate in the swimming program. Contact should be made with the executive officer to ascertain procedures for inclusion in such events by 2 weeks prior to the championships. Multi-class events for students with disabilities will be conducted in the 50m freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly at the Sydney East championships.
Download the multi-class entry form (PDF 845KB).
The state primary championships will be held at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre Homebush on 31 March - 1 April 2021. Note: The Sydney East championships will be conducted using a 1 Start Rule. The 1 Start Rule will be used at the NSWPSSA championships.
Pool Deck Policy:
Sydney East SSA will undertake, and will enforce a clear pool deck policy during the Sydney East swimming championships. This applies to all spectators, coaches and competitors not actively engaged in the championships.
Applications are called for officials. Casual relief is available for successful applicants. The teacher application form must be completed and returned one week prior to the championships.
Applications are to be completed online using DASH - Register and apply here - DASH home page.
Social Media Policy:
The Sydney East Schools Sports Association recognises the importance of social media and participating in these conversations. We encourage the staff, students and their families in the Sydney East SSA to build safe and positive online communities through the appropriate use of technology. We encourage the promotion of the positive experiences gained as a representative of Sydney East Schools Sports Association including through social media.
Download the program and rules (PDF 85KB).