School Sport is part of the Arts, Sports and Initiatives Directorate, Learning and Teaching within the Department of Education. School Sport promotes participation, sport skill development and excellence for all students.
In New South Wales, School Sport is responsible for:
- implementing the Premier's Sporting Challenge
- coordinating the representative school sport pathway
- providing sport and physical activity policy and guidelines and advice to public schools
- managing the School Swimming and Water Safety program
- partnering with other government, university, sporting and cross-sectional agencies to:
deliver teacher professional learning outcomes
meet the sport needs of students with disabilities
advise and develop strategic plans that support the nation's sporting future.