Updated 24 September 2020
The South Coast Schools Sports Association wishes to advise that the ‘Practical Guide for sport and physical activity’ has been updated for Term 4.
The following now applies for Term 4:
- Interschool sport (zone/district based) can recommence where there is COVID-19 Safety Plan in place. Students may now travel outside their local community.
- The representative school sport pathway remains cancelled for 2020.
- Selection trials for 2021 representative pathway events may now recommence.
The following principles underpin these changes:
- There must be a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place for any sporting event conducted outside the school.
- External providers who are essential for curriculum delivery can now be used.
- Parents, carers and other non-essential spectators cannot be on the site of the event’
Updated 15 September 2020
The NSW Primary Schools and Combined High Schools Sports Association executive, in conjunction with the NSW Department of Education, made the difficult decision to suspend the representative school sport program for 2020 this includes South Coast SSA activities.
A number of factors were taken into account when deciding to suspend the program:
- the ongoing uncertainty of the consequences to daily life of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- the associated health risks for participants, including students, teachers, officials, family members and friends who may have wished to attend the events;
- the timeframes to select teams and the logistics of conducting the championships in an uncertain environment.
It is our intention to commence the representative school sport pathway at the beginning of the 2021 school year, when all schools, students and families can participate in a safe environment.
The South Coast SSA advises that the following State Championships will not proceed:
- NSWPSSA Boys’ Cricket
- NSWPSSA Girls’ Cricket
- NSWPSSA Athletics
- NSWCHS Boys’ Cricket
- NSWCHS Boys’ Water Polo
- NSWCHS Girls Water Polo
South Coast trials for Term 4 will be proceeding pending advice from NSW Health. Dates and venue will be published on our website when they become available.
Have you seen our FAQ pages?
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding school sport unit programs and navigating the website.
If you cannot find an answer to your problem, please email or call us on the contact details below.
For upcoming trials and wet weather postponement see our Facebook page.