2020 Excellent Service to School Sport Award nominations are open
Recognise teacher excellence and outstanding contribution to student outcomes in school sport over an extended period of time by nominating them for the Excellent Service to School Sport award. Nominations close on Monday 17.08.2020 (week 5 term 3).
UPDATED 11 June 2020
The School Sport Unit wishes to advise that the following Sports events have been cancelled for Term 3, 2020.
- NSWPSSA Cross Country
- NSWPSSA Netball state championship
- NSWPSSA Boys Touch state championship
- NSWPSSA Rugby Union state championship
- NSWPSSA Girls Rugby 7s
- NSWPSSA Golf state championship
- NSWPSSA Boys Softball state championship
- NSWPSSA Girls Touch state championship
- NSWPSSA Girls Softball state championship
- NSW All Schools cross country
- NSW All Schools touch football trials
- NSWCHSSA gymnastics state championships
- NSWCHSSA Trans-Tasman squash exchange
- NSWCHSSA athletics championships
- NSWCHSSA boys tennis state championships
- NSW All Schools football tri-series
- NSW All Schools opens netball tri-series
- NSWCHSSA trampoline sports state championships
- NSWCHSSA bowls exchange
- NSWCHSSA girls tennis state championships
- The following Sports events have been cancelled for Term 4, 2020.
- NSWPSSA Athletics
Therefore the following Sydney South West School Sport Association Sporting Events are also CANCELLED for Term 3 -:
- Secondary Boys and Girls 15s Central Venue Day
- Secondary Girls Opens Netball Knockout
- Secondary Athletics Championships
- Primary Girls Cricket Trials
- Primary Boys Cricket Trials
- Primary Athletics
- Secondary Under 15s Netball Knockout
- Secondary Boys Cricket Trials
All NSWPSSA and NSWCHSSA knockouts/statewide competitions have also been cancelled for 2020.
The health and wellbeing of everyone involved is paramount and at the heart of this decision. We recognise the pressures that schools are currently experiencing and supporting staff and students remains our highest priority.
The Sydney South West School Sport Association will continue to keep you all appraised of developments as they occur.
Schools and zones are asked to abide by the directions sent out by the DoE on 11 June in regards to both school and zone sport – Face to Face Learning Guidelines for Schools and Face to Face Learning Guidelines for Families.
We thank you for your understanding during this time.
Have you seen our FAQ pages?
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding school sport unit programs.
If you cannot find an answer to your problem, please email or call us on the contact details below.