The Sydney South West School Sport Association advises that due to the COVID-19 outbreak and ‘social distancing strategy’, all programs for Terms 1 and 2 are now cancelled.
The health and wellbeing of everyone involved is paramount and at the heart of this decision. We recognise the pressures that schools are currently experiencing and supporting staff and students is our highest priority.
This is inclusive of State Knockouts, all forms of inter-school sport and Association, State and National Championships. Cancellation of events will take place until the end of Term Two at the very least.
Sydney South West School Sport Association Events that will not be taking place in Term Two are -:
Secondary and Primary Executive and Council Meetings
- 4 May – Secondary Squash
- 4 May – Primary Opens Rugby League
- 6 & 7 May – Secondary Rugby League (Buckley Shield)
- 13 & 14 May – Secondary Rugby League (University Shield)
- 15 May – Secondary Girls’ Touch Football CVD
- 18 May – Primary Boys’ Touch Football
- 18 May – Secondary Boys’ and Girls’ Softball CVD
- 22 May – Secondary Bowls CVD
- 22 May – Secondary Boys’ Touch Football CVD
- 25 May – Primary Boys’ and Girls’ Softball
- 27 May – Primary Rugby Union
- 28 May – Table Tennis CVD
- 29 May – Secondary Bowls CVD
- 29 May – Secondary Boys’ 15s Basketball CVD
- 1 June – Primary Girls’ Touch
- 4 June – Primary Netball
- 4 June – Secondary Rugby League Finals Day (Buckley and University Shields)
- 5 June – Secondary Boys’ Volleyball CVD
- 9 June – Secondary Boys’ and Girls’ Football CVD
- 10 June – Primary and Secondary Cross Country Championships
- 11 June – Secondary Gymnastics
- 12 June – Secondary Girls’ Volleyball CVD
- 18 June – Secondary Boys’ Hockey CVD
- 22 June – Primary Golf
- 23 June – Secondary Netball CVD
- 26 June – Secondary Girls’ Basketball CVD
- 29 June – Secondary Boys’ and Girls’ Hockey CVD
- 1 July-Primary Orienteering
ALL Zone, Sydney South West SSA, NSWPSSA and NSWCHSSA activities in Terms 1 and 2 have been cancelled.
This situation will be regularly reviewed and updates provided. We thank you for your understanding during this time.
Have you seen our FAQ pages?
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding school sport unit programs.
If you cannot find an answer to your problem, please email or call us on the contact details below.