With Race Around Australia (RAA) being added to the NSW Premier's Sporting Challenge suite of programs in 2021, there are important changes that PSC Facilitators and schools should be aware of.
PSC Facilitators are responsible for registering their school for the PSC Challenge - 10 week Challenge (10wC) and/or Race Around Australia (RAA) via the PSC Tracker. Principals and facilitators are able to login using their current DoE staff portal details.
Need to update your school's PSC Facilitator details for 2021?
Complete the 2021 PSC Facilitator - update details form to make sure your facilitators have access for registration.
PSC school registration process summary
Confirm registration of school participation via the PSC Tracker.
- Confirm school details.
- Select challenge participation - which challenge/s the school wishes to take part in - 10 week Challenge and/or RAA; student and/or staff challenges for each.
- Add PSC Facilitator details (if not already in the system).
- Upload student names/year/team (using CSV file format or manual entry).
- Select which challenge individual student teams will take part in - 10 week Challenge and/or RAA.
- Select whether 10wC teams wish to use printed log books.
- Add PSC Student Ambassadors (where necessary).
- Add staff 10wC participant names (where necessary).
- Create an organisation login username and password.
- Confirm all relevant information is uploaded/included and finalise registration.
Facilitators are strongly encouraged to start the conversation with staff (and students!) about what PSC Challenge options they wish to participate in this year as well as other pre-registration considerations (outlined below) to ensure registration can be performed simply and quickly.
What do I need to know to be able to register my school?
Who are the PSC Facilitators overseeing the challenge administration?
Schools need to allocate a facilitator to each challenge they register for. The main roles are:
- 10 week Challenge (10wC) Facilitator - oversees the 10wC teams within the school
- Race Around Australia (RAA) Coordinator - oversees the RAA teams within the school
Additional 10wC Facilitators and RAA Coordinators may be allocated to your school as necessary to help administer the challenge. These additional facilitators can assist with the submission of weekly data and final award submission in the PSC Tracker.
Please note: Principals can perform all PSC facilitator duties.
What challenge options will my school's teams take part in?
Individual teams can may choose different challenges. Thus, PSC Facilitators should know in advance which teams (classes) are doing which challenge/s.
- RAA is only taking place in term 2.
- 10wC can be completed any time during terms 2 and 3.
- Teams can do both challenges - RAA in term 2 and 10wC in term 3.
Do your teams wish to use 10wC printed logbooks?
Schools who have selected 10wC for any teams need to choose where they wish to use printed logbooks (these are distributed to schools).
Options for 10wC teams/participants to track their activity include:
- printed logbooks required
- digital logbook (downloaded and shared with participants)
- online 10wC activity tracker (previously known as the PSC Tracker web app) - participants are given a team code and individual pin to log in and add all activity they take part in during the 10 weeks. This information syncs to their team's e-Wall chart.
Will you have Specialist Support Program (SSP) teams?
This year we are encouraging SSP schools and classes to take part in the challenge. We have created a SSP logbook for 10wC participants. Identifying your SSP teams provides the PSC with important data and informs dispatch of 10wC SSP logbooks.
Are your staff taking part in the staff challenge?
Staff have the choice or being part of two teams in this years PSC challenge. Schools (and corporate office teams) can add teams in the:
- 10wC staff challenge (printed logbooks available) and/or
- RAA staff challenge where they compete against other staff teams across schools and corporate offices.
Please note for RAA:
- schools can register a staff team to compete against their student teams.
- teachers can participate with individual class teams (but will be 'noted' as a student).
Are you using any PSC Student Ambassadors?
Schools can nominate PSC Student Ambassadors to assist with running the PSC challenges and who assist with other physical opportunities within the school. This provides schools the opportunity to acknowledge the leadership skills that these students display through their support of physical activity programs.
Have you downloaded your CSV file?
The registration process involves schools adding student participants into the PSC Tracker. For most schools the upload of a CSV file of all student participants is the easiest option. Manual entry of participants is an alternative option for smaller schools. Please follow the instructions for downloading a CSV file from ERN (PDF 222KB)and uploading a CSV file into PSC Tracker (PDF 416KB).
This participation data informs the PSC participation grant amount allocated to your school.
Other helpful resources
PSC Facilitators may get assistance from their school Principal or office staff with some aspects of the registration process e.g. CSV file.
The PSC team are currently updating support resources for 2021. These will be available soon to offer support to teachers running the 10wC and RAA challenge in their school.