This online payment is a web facility available by the NSW Combined High Schools Sports Association (CHS) through its web site for parents/carers to pay a competition levy issued by CHS.
These Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between an individual (the user) and CHS, including the use of information, graphics and materials provided by CHS and the user legal relationship with CHS.
Refund policy general principles and responsibilities
A levy is a payment for a student/child participating in an event conducted by CHS for services provided by CHS.
The online payment can only be paid using a current and valid credit card.
CHS allows for the following credit card types:
- Mastercard; and
- VisaCard (Visa).
Users accessing the CHS’s web site and online payment facility acknowledge and accept responsibility for:
- all monetary amounts are in Australian currency (AUD)
- the minimum credit card transaction amount is $5.00 and the maximum transaction amount is $2,000.00
- users must provide valid details as requested by CHS
- users must provide relevant current and valid credit card details
- users accept that providing credit card details to CHS is an authorisation to charge the users nominated levy amount to the user’s nominated credit card account
- users are responsible for the accuracy of entered information and that if incorrect information may result in non-processing and non-payment of levies and accept that penalties for late payment may be imposed by CHS without recourse
- users acknowledge and accept that CHS applies a processing fee of 2.75% of the nominated levy payment amount which will be charged to the users credit card for a successful transaction
- users accept that where a declined payment occurs that any fees and charges imposed by the users credit card provider are the sole responsibility of the user
- users accept that the user’s credit card provider may charge a transaction processing or usage fee for the payment of the user’s levy
- users acknowledge that declined payment transactions means that a nominated levy payment will not have been paid
- users accept that CHS may charge a declined payment fee where a payment is declined due to insufficient credit card funds or incorrect user supplied information
- users accept that CHS has no authority and will not intervene or represent the user in discussions on a payment transaction whether the transaction was successful or declined for any reason
- users are responsible for ensuring sufficient funds are available for a successful payment transaction
- users acknowledge that payment transaction history is the property of CHS
- users acknowledge and are responsible to validate payment transactions and where a user believes a payment transaction is incorrect or was not processed as entered or is unauthorised, must commence investigations by advising CHS in writing in the first instance
- users accept that where a dispute exists between the user and user’s credit card provider for resolution purposes or for verification/balancing purposes that CHS may provide relevant payment transaction information to the credit card provider or CHS’s banking institution, without user notification and
- users accept that CHS has sole discretion in determining if a transaction is valid or invalid without reservation and further accepts that CHS is not responsible for its third party credit card processors, its online payment system and interfaces with associated processors, and bank processing arrangements.
CHS charges a credit card surcharge of 2.75% of the user nominated payment amount for using CHS’s online payment facility. A user of the nominated credit card may be charged a fee for using the credit card by the credit card issuer/financial institution.
Fees or charges applied by a credit card provider are the responsibility of the user or owner of the nominated credit card used to pay online payment. This includes fees or charges for successful and declined transactions.
Online payment uses high security levels, which are standard for internet banking and large scale e-commerce sites.
Users may confirm the security level of a web page by clicking onto the user’s internet browser's padlock or key icon.
Personal information collected through online payment includes credit card details and account information. This information is required to process levy payment and may be shared for these purposes between CHS, credit card providers and financial institutions associated with online payment processing by the CHS.
If users wish to request access to any personal information CHS has collected for the purposes of online payment, please contact CHS using the contact details provided on the CHS website.
While every effort has been made to ensure that information is free from error, CHS does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the online payment material. All information is subject to change without notice.
CHS does not warrant that online payment will be free from viruses, or that access to online payment will be uninterrupted, or that the data transferred through online payment is secure and will not be read or monitored by others.
This online payment is provided for use by Australian residents only. CHS makes no representations that online payment complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. Access to this site from outside Australia is at the users own risk and responsibility lies in complying with the laws in the country where online payment is used.
The law applicable to use of online payment and disputes arising out of online payment is the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
Copyright and trademarks
Copyright in the online payment material is owned or licensed by CHS through the NSW Department of Education.
Withdrawal and suspension of service
The online payment portal may be withdrawn or suspended for a period of time for any reason, including, without limitation, the following:
- if there is an interruption or fault in any applicable computer or telecommunications system
- if users breach any of these Terms and Conditions
- if any users use online payment for an inappropriate purpose, including the storage or transmission of inappropriate or offensive material
- any applicable web site computer or telecommunications systems are subjected to any virus, unauthorised access, denial-of-service or other malicious attack
- for maintenance or security purposes or
- if CHS no longer wishes to provide an online payment facility. Withdrawal of the online payment facility does not release users of any responsibility to pay outstanding fees, charges or other liabilities incurred prior to the date of the facilities withdrawal.
Acceptance and changes to Terms and Conditions
Users acknowledge and accept the use of these terms and conditions of payment made online by reading these.
These Terms and Conditions are the current online payment Terms and Conditions. CHS may at any time vary these Terms and Conditions by publishing the updated online payment Terms and Conditions on this web site.
By accessing or using this online payment users accept that online payment has provided sufficient notice of the variation.
Assistance and help
If users have any queries in relation to an online payment please contact the NSW Combined High Schools Sports Association on (02) 9508 5535 during business days.