PSC student participation grants are based on the number of students registered in the 10 week Challenge (10wC). The grant can be used to support sport and physical activity programs. A staff participation grant will also be offered to schools that register their staff in the 10wC. The total will be based on the number of staff participants.
Grants can be used to fund:
- the purchase of sports equipment
- attendance at an inclusive school sport event
- staff professional learning in sport and physical activity
- conducting whole school sport and physical activity programs
- subsidising the purchase of machines and equipment for use by staff
- hire of personal trainer/instructor to run session.
Viewing the Grant
Both the participation and staff grant will be processed together into school accounts as a Budget Adjustment. This is processed under GL 489010. The eFPT Allocation Detail Report in SAP will allow Admin staff to view the grant/s in the account. This can be found under the 'Reports' tab under 'Schools Management Reporting'.
Allocating the Grant
As this is a Budget Adjustment, the procedure is not to Journal the funds but, rather, for the data to be added in the eFPT. Admin staff may find the eFPT Quick Reference Guide (PDF 522KB) helpful for allocating the PSC funds.
Expenditure of the Grant
We encourage schools to spend/commit the grant money before the end of the calendar year. It will be up to the school Principal how the annual budget is allocated in the following year and this may include usage of the PSC grant/s.
Please contact the PSC Team for assistance.