Important dates for 2022 RAA challenge
The Race Around Australia will race in Term 3 in 2022.
- Term 2 Week 7: 8 June - RAA and Activ8 your Workplace challenge registration cut-off (for distribution of RAA starter kit pack 1)
- Term 2 Week 9/10: RAA starter kit pack 1 arrives to schools
- Term 2 Week 10: Friday 1 July - RAA registration closes
- Term 3 Week 1: RAA school challenge begins & RAA starter kit pack 2 arrives to schools
- Term 3 Week 2: 25 July - Activ8 your Workplace staff challenge begins
- Term 3 Week 9: 18 September - Activ8 your Workplace staff challenge concludes
- Term 3 Week 10: 23 September - RAA school challenge concludes
- Term 4 Week 2: 17 October - RAA data submission cut-off (for End-of-challenge certificate printing)
It is recommended schools complete their registration as soon as possible so participation grants can be allocated to schools and any starter kit collateral be sent. Schools can edit their registration at any time up the start of the race.
Schools and corporate office teams have two PSC challenge options - the 10 week Challenge (10wC) and Race Around Australia (RAA).
Schools wishing to take part in RAA require their school principal and/or PSC Facilitators to confirm their school/team's participation in the NSW Premier's Sporting Challenge in the PSC Tracker*. Within this registration process RAA is chosen as a challenge option (for students/and or staff), and a student list is upload (for participation grant purposes).
- RAA Coordinators - Schools can have multiple RAA Coordinators who can all oversee the administrative role for the whole school, or for allocated stage groups.Registered PSC Facilitators and Principals can update Facilitator's details (RAA Coordinators) in the PSC Tracker*. If they are unable to do this, or you wish to to be added/removed from our PSC Facilitator database please complete the 2022 PSC Facilitator form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student name upload - Class teams and student names who are participating in either RAA or 10wC are uploaded into the PSC Tracker using a CSV file or by manual entry (recommended only for small schools). Student names will be sent across to the RAA website so teachers will not need to manually enter them in the RAA website. There are NO STUDENT ACCOUNTS in 2022.
- Opting classes in for RAA - During the PSC registration process schools choose which challenge options each class will take part in. Class names/data will be sent across to the RAA website so teams will be created automatically in the RAA website. Teachers will not need to manually create classes.
- RAA staff (Activ8 your Workplace) participants - these participants compete in a separate challenge to the RAA Schools challenge. As staff participants create their own accounts, names are not added to the PSC Tracker during registration. (However, if schools have staff competing in the 10wC staff challenge as well, those names will need to be uploaded during registration.)
Detailed PSC registration instructions
Full registration details are explained on the 'Registration' webpage, and includes a list of important pre-registration details that are needed from schools - after consulting with staff and students.
Once a school/organisation is registered the challenge participation in the PSC Tracker, the RAA Coordinator can log into the RAA website and:
- download a Class/Team list showing each class name that has chosen RAA as a challenge option. This will include 'Team codes' for each class/team
- share the 'Team codes' with each of the teachers overseeing a class taking part in RAA.
A teacher/team manager can then:
- create a teacher/team manager account in the RAA website* or log in if they already have one from the previous year
- add themself to their class/team using the 'Team code'
- check their class/team participant list and edit their team as necessary - team name and team avatar. Note: Student names are being sent from PSC Tracker registration data to the RAA website.
Multiple teachers/team managers can be allocated/manage a class/team, and a teacher/team manager can manage multiple teams. For example - 2 teachers job share a Year 5 class; A Year 7 class are doing RAA in their PDHPE, maths & Science classes.
* Disclaimer: This link is provided with the intention of increasing the information available to you. The NSW Department of Education has no control over linked websites, and is not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked websites. The provision of a link does not imply that the NSW Department of Education endorses those websites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa. Please also refer to NSW Government’s full disclaimer regarding links to external sites.