Registrations for the 2023 Premier Sporting Challenge is open!!
Principals and PSC Facilitators have received an email to advise them that they can commence registration in the PSC Tracker.
Important date for schools participating in the 10wC in Term 2
PSC registration cut-off 1 is Friday 31 March Week 10 for schools taking part in the 10wC in Term 2 so their PSC starter kit (logbooks etc) can be dispatched for delivery Week 1 Term 2.
PSC Facilitators are responsible for registering their school for the PSC Challenge - 10 week Challenge (10wC) via the PSC Tracker*. Principals and facilitators are able to login using their current DoE staff portal details.
Need help with registration?
- View the PSC Facilitator toolkit PowerPoint presentation (PPT 7.9MB) which offers a comprehensive and highly visual guide for new and existing Facilitators.
- Use the PSC Facilitator's registration checklist (PDF 112KB) to make sure you have everything ready for registration.
- Share the 10wC team registration spreadsheet (XL 17KB) with your staff to find out their preferences for receiving printed logbooks and staff challenge participation.
- Email the PSC team for further assistance.
2023 PSC Tracker registration updates:
- K-2 classes can opt in to receive printed 10wC K-2 logbooks - feedback from teachers has shown that many would like the option to use the K-2 logbooks, so PSC Facilitators can now opt in K-2 classes to receive K-2 logbooks. The emphasis with K-2 students is to promote regular activity, so these logbooks acknowledge activity done each day, not tracking of activity.
- K-2 classes / students can now receive different 10wC award levels - feedback from teachers has shown that many teachers want to acknowledge their K-2 students who complete higher levels of activity, so during the award submission process teachers or PSC Facilitators can change the award levels from the default 'Gold' award.
- Specialist support classes receive modified 10wC support logbooks - the emphasis with support students is to promote regular activity, so these logbooks acknowledge activity done each day, not tracking of activity. If they would like to use other logbooks please email the PSC team and additional logbooks can be sent. Support students can also use the 10wC activity tracker app. See the 10wC for support classes webpage for more information.
- 10wC staff challenge changes – change of activity levels / wellbeing tracking - staff 10wC award levels have been updated to be in line with ‘physical activity guidelines for adults’. In Term 3 the 10wC staff challenge will include optional ‘Wellbeing tracking’ as part of the 10wC activity tracker web app. See the 10wC staff challenge webpage for more information.
- Race Around Australia (RAA) is not a challenge option in 2023.
During the PSC registration all schools complete a 'PSC student recognition' registration step which includes selection of PSC Student Medals and PSC Student Ambassadors. This is done when if school's opt out of taking part in the 10wC.
- PSC Student Medals will be dispatched in Term 2 as part of the PSC starter kit (pack 2 and 3) or as a separate delivery. Schools are able to request an additional medal for presentation to another student. Make sure it is stored in a safe place and send yourself a calendar reminder for Term 4 of where you have put it.
- PSC Student Ambassadors support the running of sport and physical activity initiatives in their school so students can be ‘more active, more often’. Many schools use these Ambassadors to assist with the administration of running the 10wC. For ambassadors helping in 10wC, an option to give them admin access to the e-wall charts will be provided. Facilitators will create an easy to remember login password for all Ambassadors replacing the individual student ambassador codes.
Need to update your school's PSC Facilitator details for 2023?
Did you know that any current Principal or PSC Facilitator can update Facilitator's details in the PSC Tracker*? If they are unable to do this, or you wish to to be removed from our PSC Facilitator database please complete the 2023 PSC Facilitator updates form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSC school registration process summary
Confirm registration of school participation via the PSC Tracker*.
- Confirm school details.
- Select challenge participation - which challenge/s the school wishes to take part in - 10 week Challenge (10wC) student and/or staff challenge.
- Add PSC Facilitator details (if not already in the system).
- Upload student names/year/team (using CSV file format or manual entry)
- Select whether 10wC teams wish to use printed log books.
- Nominate any teams as Specialist Support classes - these will receive modified support logbooks.
- Add staff 10wC participant names (where necessary) - staff names are not required if a school is only taking part in the RAA staff challenge.
- Create an 'Organisation login' username and password.
- Choose to nominate PSC Student Ambassadors and add names (where necessary).
- Indicate the number of PSC medals required.
- Confirm all relevant information is uploaded/included and finalise registration - click green 'Finalise registration' button at the bottom of the page.
Facilitators are strongly encouraged to start the conversation with staff (and students) about what PSC Challenge options they wish to participate in this year as well as other pre-registration considerations (outlined below).
What do I need to know to be able to register my school?
Who are the PSC Facilitators overseeing the challenge administration?
Schools need to allocate a facilitator to each challenge they register for. The main roles are:
- 10 week Challenge (10wC) Facilitator - oversees the 10wC teams within the school
- Coordinate PSC Student recognition - Student Ambassadors (leadership) & Student Medal.
Additional 10wC Facilitators may be allocated to your school at any time to help administer the challenge. These additional facilitators can assist with the submission of weekly data and final award submission in the PSC Tracker.
Please note: Principals can also log in and perform all PSC Facilitator duties.
How do we track our 10wC activity?
Schools who have selected 10wC for any teams need to choose where they wish to receive printed logbooks (these are distributed to schools).
Options for 10wC teams/participants to track their activity include:
- online 10wC activity tracker (previously known as the PSC Tracker web app) - participants are given a team code and individual pin to log in and add all activity they take part in during the 10 weeks. This information syncs to their team's e-Wall chart.
- printed logbooks - sent in the PSC starter kit to schools (Term 2 participating schools must register by 31 March 2023)
- digital logbook (downloaded and shared with participants).
Will you have Specialist Support teams?
We encourage all schools with specialise support students to take part in the challenge. We have created a 'simplified' Specialise support logbook for 10wCparticipants. Identifying your support teams provides the PSC with important data and informs dispatch of 10wC Support logbooks. Schools can however request or print their own 3-6 or 7-12 logbooks if their students wish to complete the full activity logging.
Are your staff taking part in the staff challenge?
Staff have the choice taking part in the 10wC during Term 2 or 3. During Term 3 there will be additional staff challenge promotion and iniatives as part of the Activ8 your Workplace initiative. Schools (and corporate office teams) can add teams in the:
- 10wC staff challenge (they can track activity using the online 10wC activity tracker or request to have printed staff logbooks sent to them) or print logbooks themselves.
Have you downloaded your CSV file?
The registration process involves schools adding student participants into the PSC Tracker. For most schools the upload of a CSV file of all student participants is the easiest option. Manual entry of participants is an alternative option for smaller schools. Please follow the instructions for downloading a CSV file from ERN (PDF 222KB)and uploading a CSV file into PSC Tracker (PDF 416KB).
This participation data informs the PSC participation grant amount allocated to your school.
Are you using any PSC Student Ambassadors?
Schools can nominate PSC Student Ambassadors to assist with running the PSC challenges and who assist with other physical opportunities within the school. This provides schools the opportunity to acknowledge the leadership skills that these students display through their support of physical activity programs.
Other helpful resources
PSC Facilitators may get assistance from their school Principal or office staff with some aspects of the registration process e.g. CSV file.
The PSC team are currently updating PSC resources for 2023. These will be available soon to offer support to teachers running the 10wC and RAA challenge in their school.
Follow us on Yammer and Facebook - NSW School Sport Unit.
* Disclaimer: This link is provided with the intention of increasing the information available to you. The NSW Department of Education has no control over linked websites, and is not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked websites. The provision of a link does not imply that the NSW Department of Education endorses those websites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa. Please also refer to NSW Government’s full disclaimer regarding links to external sites.