The flagship program of the NSW Premier's Sporting Challenge is a 10 week challenge (10wC) for students and staff in public schools.
Key facts about the 10wC
- A PSC Facilitator coordinates the 10 week event - setting up the school registration in the PSC Tracker* and encouraging students and colleagues to work toward a higher level of physical activity. Facilitators may refer to the PSC 10 week Challenge facilitator toolkit PowerPoint presentation (PPT 10MB)for important information and valuable hints about running the challenge.
- Participation grants are provided to support and conduct the Challenge and are based on school size and the number of participating students.
- Staff grants are provided as additional grants to schools to encourage staff to join the 10 week Challenge. Staff grants are based on staff registration numbers.
- The Challenge period commences any time from start of Term 2 but must conclude by the last week of Term 3 to allow for award certificates to be printed and distributed to schools.
- Award levels for the 10 week challenge reflect the daily activity time commitment - either as part of a class or team or as an individual. All types of moderate to vigorous physical activities can count toward an award. Activities may include time spent in a broad range of sports and recreational pursuits during lunchtime, in school sports programs, class time, before or after school, and on weekends.
Award Level Daily Activity Time Bronze 30 minutes per day Silver 45 minutes per day Gold 60 minutes per day Diamond 80 minutes per day
- Challenge participants can use the 10wC activity tracker web app or 10wC logbooks to record their daily/weekly physical activity.
|Year Level||Activity Record||Data Entry (PSC Tracker)||Award|
|K-2||K-2 Logbook (PDF 557KB)||School e-Wall chart||Gold award for all K-2 participants|
|3-6||10wC activity tracker web app or
3-6 Logbook (PDF 3.81MB)
|School e-Wall chart||Class award or individual award|
|7-12||School e-Wall chart||Class award or
|Specialist support class||SSP Logbook (PDF 570KB)||School e-Wall chart||Bronze class award or individual result can be allocated|
|Staff||10wC activity tracker web app or
Staff Logbook (PDF 4.62MB)
|Staff e-Wall chart||Individual award|
- Schools are encouraged to use PSC Student Ambassadors for the their class/school in the 10wC. This is an opportunity for students to develop leadership skills through their enthusiasm for sport. PSC Student Ambassador badges are sent out to schools that nominate ambassadors (names) in the PSC Tracker during their PSC school registration.
*Disclaimer: This link is provided with the intention of increasing the information available to you. The NSW Department of Education has no control over linked websites, and is not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked websites. The provision of a link does not imply that the NSW Department of Education endorses those websites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa. Please also refer to NSW Government’s full disclaimer regarding links to external sites.