Game-based sport and physical activity cards
In a game-based approach to teaching, students learn and develop skills through minor and modified games. To provide inclusive learning opportunities and to cater for ability levels, teachers can make simple modifications to the game.
- Fast start activity cards
- Activity challenge cards
- Playing for life activity cards
- Traditional Indigenous games activity cards
- Indigenous sports ability activity cards
- Sports ability playing cards
- Sports ability playing cards 2
Fundamental Movement Skills
Fundamental movement skills are the building blocks for movement. They are the skills which children need to participate successfully in for all types of games, physical activities and sports
- Get Skilled Get Active (PDF 2600KB)
- Fundamental Movement Skills planning guide (PDF 329KB)
- Live Life Well @ School - Fundamental Movement Skills in Action (PDF 2500KB)
Classroom management support cards
- Classroom management card - over Competitiveness
- Classroom management card - Domineering behaviour
- Classroom management card - Non-participation
iPLAY is a comprehensive school-based physical activity program. Research has proven that iPLAY leads to dramatic, long-term improvements in student outcomes.
The physical activity across the school day teaching resource has been created to support teachers in embedding physical activity into their teaching and learning program. This resource also supports school in meeting the mandatory requirement of providing students in K – 10 a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate with some vigorous physical activity across the school week. By including this teaching resource into your teaching and learning, students in your class can accumulate up to 220 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each week.
The resource is simple to follow and all tasks are ready to go. Each of the 10 teaching and learning sequence is one week in duration. During the week, there are 3 structured physically active tasks each day. All of activities are easy to plan, set up and deliver. Simply download task cards for thinking while moving, classroom energisers and Fast starts or hit play on the 10@10 HIIT sessions or classroom energiser videos.
- This e-learning course provides teachers with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in planning and delivering quality teaching in game-based sport and physical activity lessons. Participants will explore how to implement a games-based approach to make sport and physical activity lessons engaging, positive, safe and fair for all students.
The 'Delivering engaging sport and physical activity programs in K - 2 e-learning course' explores the importance of regular physical activity in the early years and the benefits it provides to the whole child. The course also guides participants to access resources that support them to implement high-quality sport and physical activity programs in the K - 2 setting.
- The Introduction to cycling e-learning course supports teachers and school leaders in planning, programming and implementing a cycling program as a component of school sport. The online learning explores teaching and learning resources to support the implementation of a school cycling program, safe riding practices, safety and rules for bicycle riders and fundamental riding skills.
- The Community Coaching – Essential Skills Course helps coaches create fun, safe and inclusive environments for participants. This free online course includes 8 modules and takes around 3 hours to complete.
This 3-hour practical professional learning session provides educators with the opportunity to apply the knowledge gained from the game-based e-learning course in a range of practical learning experiences.
- This workshop has been designed to support participants in deepening their knowledge and refining their skills to successfully plan and implement high-quality sport and physical activity lessons. The full-day workshop combines 3 of the School Sport Unit's most popular and research-based courses: Game-based learning in sport and physical activity, Thinking while Moving and Delivering engaging sport and physical activity programs in K-2.
- This 3-hour face-to-face workshop supports participants in understanding the benefits of physical activity in the early years and the requirements of the Sport and Physical Activity Policy. Participants will participate in a range of practical activities to deepen their understanding of teaching Fundamental Movement Skills through a game-based approach.